[cfe-dev] Problem with libc++

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Wed May 23 10:37:31 PDT 2012

On 3 Apr 2012, at 20:24, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

> AFAIK, you don't have too use -nostdinc++. clang lookups libc++ headers relatively to its resources directory, so if you install your custom clang in /usr/local/bin, just put them in /usr/local/lib/c++/v1 and it should works.

I am afraid it does not work for the dylib though: with clang installed in /usr/local, installing

/usr/local/lib/libc++.1.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libc++.dylib

and then compiling a trivial program with clang++ -stdlib=libc++, I verified using otool -L that it is linked against

/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

That's with clang 3.1 branch. Linking against one lib and using the headers of another one, that would be a bug, wouldn't it?

Luc Bourhis