[cfe-dev] Cmake errors on Windows with current Clang svn trunk

Krunal Rao krunal.rao78 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:48:48 PDT 2012

That is *exactly* my setup, very strange then...

Sources are at C:\Users\XXX\prj\llvm-trunk\llvm and I am running the
Cmake from C:\Users\XXX\prj\llvm-trunk\build2 (the "2" is just my
second try....)

I double checked and the 3.0 version works fine. Below another example
of failure. Is there any test I can perform to try to figure out what
is wrong with my setup?

C:\Users\XXX\prj\llvm-trunk\build>cmake -G "Visual Studio 10"
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PRE
FIX=C:\Users\XXX\prj\llvm-trunk\install -DLLVM_USE_FOLDERS=OFF ..\llvm
-- Target triple: i686-pc-win32
-- Native target architecture is X86
-- Threads enabled.
-- Using Debug VC++ CRT: MDd
-- Using Release VC++ CRT: MD
-- Using MinSizeRel VC++ CRT: MD
-- Using RelWithDebInfo VC++ CRT: MD
-- Constructing LLVMBuild project information
CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:62
(configure_fi
le):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:78
(configure_fi
le):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation
C:/Users/XXX/prj/llv
m-trunk/build/DummyConfigureOutput.tmp
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied
CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:140
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:158
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation
C:/Users/XXX/prj/llv
m-trunk/build/DummyConfigureOutput.tmp
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied
CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:172
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:182
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation
C:/Users/XXX/prj/llv
m-trunk/build/DummyConfigureOutput.tmp
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied
CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:192
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:210
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation
C:/Users/XXX/prj/llv
m-trunk/build/DummyConfigureOutput.tmp
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied
CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:228
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation
C:/Users/XXX/prj/llv
m-trunk/build/DummyConfigureOutput.tmp
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied
CMake Error at C:/Users/XXX/prj/llvm-trunk/build/LLVMBuild.cmake:234
(configure_f
ile):
  configure_file Problem configuring file
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:312 (include)

-- Loadable modules not supported on this platform.
LLVMHello ignored.
-- Targeting X86
-- Loadable modules not supported on this platform.
BugpointPasses ignored.
-- Clang version: 3.2
-- Loadable modules not supported on this platform.
profile_rt-shared ignored.