[cfe-dev] Getting involved with Clang refactoring

David Wood dswood at gmail.com
Fri May 18 00:11:46 PDT 2012

Greetings,

I just attended Chandler Carruth's talk at C++ Now about using clang to
develop refactoring tools.  As they say on the internets "Your ideas
intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter."

I believe that refactoring tools can be groundbreaking for C++ and would
like to contribute.  I'm particularly interested in getting the tools
hooked into IDEs (many years ago I worked on a refactoring plugin for
JBuilder), but it sounds like there's lots of work to be done before that.
 How can I get started, and what most needs to be worked on?

Thanks
--David