[cfe-dev] Clang 3.1 on MacOSX xcode?

Wade Tregaskis wadeslists at mac.com
Thu May 17 12:18:48 PDT 2012

> I suppose you may need to (if you installed llvm+clang to /usr/local):
>
> $ sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib/arc
> $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/arc/libarclite_macosx.a /usr/local/lib/arc
>
> At least clang couldn't find that library in /usr/local, so I just linked the system one.

I couldn't find an up-to-date, complete set of instructions that included these caveats, so I wrote one up when I went through this a couple of weeks ago.

http://blog.wadetregaskis.com/tot-clang-llvm-in-xcode/

The process is far from perfect, though.  Xcode 4 doesn't appear to really support a custom-built toolchain.