[cfe-dev] Using scan-build with custom checker plugins

Thomas Hauth Thomas.Hauth at cern.ch
Wed May 16 05:49:15 PDT 2012

Hello,
we implemented some custom clang Static Analyzer checkers for our needs
and compiled them as external modules.

When calling clang directly, one can use "-Xclang" to pass the command
to load and run the checkers:

clang++ -Xclang -load -Xclang ./MainCallChecker.so -Xclang
-analyzer-checker=example.MainCallChecker --analyze global_static.cpp

This variant works fine.

Is there a way, to still load the custom plugins when using the
scan-build tool on regular make files?

As a workaround, I implemented a new environment variable named
"CCC_ANALYZER_PLUGINS" which is read by the c++-analyzer script and used
to pass the plugins to load to the clang call.

Thanks,
Thomas