[cfe-dev] Clang 3.1 on MacOSX xcode?

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:44:52 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have been working on a mac with XCode for 2 months now and I'd like to be
able to use CLang 3.1 because of C++11 features that would help me a lot
writing less verbose code.
I am not a unix/bsd-like massive user so I lack a lot of knowledge about
how to connect things in my work environnement.
Here are some questions:

 1. are there official plans or release date for Apple to upgrade XCode to
Clang 3.1 once it's released? I assume that NO because I couldn't find
anything online.
 2. assuming that I get clang 3.1 from the release package or from sources,
once built, how to make XCode use this version?

I'm sorry for such noob question, I'm a bit lost in this new
environnement...
I have found these informations:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1718597/using-llvm-clang-2-6-with-xcode-3-2
But I am not sure if it's the good way to do it, as I need to be able to
set the new compiler for a new project but keep the default compiler for
previous projects...

Joel Lamotte