[cfe-dev] Linking against Clang 3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 issue

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Sat May 12 10:40:29 PDT 2012

On 10/05/2012 05:34, 陳韋任 wrote:
>> > Also, on Debian/Ubuntu only llvm-dev and libclang-dev packages are
>> > present (no clang-dev ones) so I am getting very confused...
>> >
>> > I would really appreciate the input of some Debian/Ubuntu user here.
>   You should consult Debian/Ubuntu package management team or ask on
> Debian/Ubuntu IRC/ML.
As the main (understand: only) maintainer of clang & llvm under Debian &
Ubuntu, I can reply to this question libclang-common-dev is providing
the common headers,
libclang-common-dev should be used when trying to build an application
based on the clang library. libclang1 providing the actual library.
I am not aware of any Debian/Ubuntu packages using yet it but I will be
happy to have any feedbacks/requests on this subject.

Sylvestre