[cfe-dev] Libclang runtime dependencies?

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Fri May 11 04:11:00 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> What are the libclang runtime dependencies?
>
> 1. Does it depend on any LLVM library or is all included into libclang
>
> When I build LLVM (and clang as tool inside the LLVM tree) for Linux / Mac
/ Windows using MinGW + MSYS
I am using this configure line:

./configure --disable-assertions --disable-debug --enable-optimized
--enable-optimized --disable-threads --disable-shared

The last part: --disable-shared is the key switch, without it your libclang
will depends on libLLVM.so (or something like that)
To test the build, simply run 'ldd libclang.so'

2. What about header files and similar. Is it enough to have the system
> compiler installed when running a tool built with libclang
>
> For me, I only provide (lib)clang.dylib / dll / so ( choose your suffix /
prefix) and its enough
code completion is working without a problem (a bit slow on Windows on a
real world application and not 'Hello World') - but it is working properly

3. Anything else I've forgotten about

If you plan on providing the binary on Linux, I suggest that you use an
older g++ version to build libclang with (I am using g++4.4.1, although I
could use 4.7) this will "lower" the glibc requirements and you will be able
to use the same binary on different distros

HTH,

--
> /Jacob Carlborg

Eran Ifrah