[cfe-dev] scan-build man page

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu May 10 22:19:54 PDT 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 7:52 PM, James K. Lowden <jklowden at schemamania.org> wrote:

>> I don't need to know the specific command this maps to, because it
>> doesn't matter.
>
> Yes it does matter.  How does "git help" lead you from "git pull" to
> "git clone" or whatever?  You have to know what you're looking for.
> "git help foo" won't find it for you.  ("git apropos foo" would be
> useful, though.)

Somewhat.  'git help' alone tells you about the base commands, from which you can drill down.  It's not much different than having documentation partitioned into sections, but those sections are pulled up separately, instead of from one monolithic document.

I agree, however, about the searching part.  Frequently I consult Google when I need to do something interesting with git.