[cfe-dev] Linking against Clang 3.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 issue

陳韋任 chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Wed May 9 20:34:42 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 07:18:04PM -0400, Krunal Rao wrote:
> Ok, but I wanted to avoid having to build LLVM, Clang ecc ecc as it
> does not seems exactly a trivial task at the moment....
>
> If I really need to, what would be the best guide to follow? The
> phrase "The LLVM Getting Started documentation may be out of date"
> present in the getting started documentation for LLVM worries me a
> bit...

  It's not hard. Just do the following,

---
$ wget http://llvm.org/releases/3.0/llvm-3.0.tar.gz; tar xvf llvm-3.0.tar.gz
$ cd llvm-3.0.src/tools/
$ wget http://llvm.org/releases/3.0/clang-3.0.tar.gz; tar xvf clang-3.0.tar.gz
$ mv clang-3.0.src/ clang/ ; cd ../..; mkdir build; cd build
$ ../llvm-3.0.src/configure ; make install
---

  The only thing you have to take care is http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#requirements
, but I think it's shouldn't be a problem right now.

> Also, on Debian/Ubuntu only llvm-dev and libclang-dev packages are
> present (no clang-dev ones) so I am getting very confused...
>
> I would really appreciate the input of some Debian/Ubuntu user here.

  You should consult Debian/Ubuntu package management team or ask on
Debian/Ubuntu IRC/ML.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,