[cfe-dev] How to set my assembler?

Jianjun Mao justmao945 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:23:10 PDT 2012

Hi all.
clang(3.0, Linux) will set "as" in PATH as the default assembler, but I
want to change this like using this option "-ccc-gcc-name" to change the
default gcc. But as mentioned here
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-June/015671.html there's no
"-ccc-gas-name" or "-ccc-as-name" to specify the assembler. So what I can
do is to add "as" into  PATH. Now I'm using clang to cross compile
arm-target programs, and I must set arm-xxx-as to the default assembler. It
is not nice to create a symbol link named "as" in PATH linked to arm-xxx-as
which will overlap the default assember "/usr/bin/as".  So if any one can
give a help?
clang invoked with follow options:
>clang -ccc-host-triple arm-linux-gnueabi -ccc-gcc-name
arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mfloat-abi=hard -c -v xxx.c
and which shows clang will invoke "as" in PATH

Thank you.