[cfe-dev] decent manual for clang

Gordon Keiser gkeiser at arxan.com
Wed May 2 12:55:00 PDT 2012

I was strongly considering putting together at least a quick manual for command line flags, optimization levels, and same for passing things into LLVM from the -mllvm option.   Unfortunately tracking down the relationship between one of the undocumented flags in the tablegen and what it eventually causes to happen in the rest of the build process became very complicated very fast, and some of the other flags don't seem to do what their names imply due to language standards being followed by Clang which other compilers might have considered optimizations, particularly the aggressive constant folding and command line options that *seem* related to it not doing what one would expect.

-Gordon