[cfe-dev] decent manual for clang

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Tue May 1 23:16:45 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Ran Regev <Ran.Regev at ecitele.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a *full* user manual for clang.
> I can find few things under clang --help
> I can find few more here: http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html
>
> But not everything is present.
> For instance, the -g, -ggdb and alike are not listed.

While not the correct way to address your problem, you're quite likely
to find what you need to know in the GCC manual, because many of
CLang's command-line arguments are compatible with GCC.  Also look at
GNU's manuals for the compilers for the individual programming
languages - if you use CLang to build C++, then look at the g++
manual, for example, or third-party books, online tutorials, HOWTOs
and the like for g++.

Every software product needs a good manual, but one cannot simply copy
the GNU manuals into CLangs unless the licenses for both manuals are
compatible, which they are not likely to be.

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
Dulcinea Technologies Corporation
quixote at dulcineatech.com