[cfe-dev] Announcing 3.1 Release Branch Date!

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:36:42 PDT 2012

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

We will be branching for the 3.1 release on April 16th! :-) This gives us a little over two weeks to get the trees into the most stable condition we can.

What this means for you:

All major features for the 3.1 release should be finished or near completion by the April 16th. After April 16th, we will accept only bug fixes and patches which do not change the functionality of LLVM and Clang in a significant way. I.e., if your feature isn't finished, then it may have to be turned off by default (unless the patch is small and not-too-invasive).

It will be up to the code maintainers to approve any patches after the branching date. But the final decision will be mine.

Schedule:

There will be a tentative schedule following within the next few days.

Testers:

Several people have expressed an interest in being testers. Many thanks to them! If you would like to be a tester, please email me and I can add you.

By the way, we are looking for ARM testers. There was a lot of interest in the 3.0 release for an ARM release. We will try to do one this release on a trial basis. We are looking for ARMv7 cortex-a8 and cortex-a9 on Linux.

Share and enjoy!
-bw