[cfe-dev] How to run the analyzer

Ignat Semenov ragnarokk91 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 03:30:18 PDT 2012

Hello clang devs!

I'm a KDE project developer and would like to check the part of the
code I'm maintaining with the clang static analyzer. My system is as
follows:

Fedora 16 64 bit, clang-analyzer package2.9-6.fc16 from the official
updates repo

So, I've tried to do

>scan-build make

in the build directory of my code module.

The build ran and scan-build gave me no errors or warnings. However, I
can for sure see that in that code, there is at least one
uninitialized pointer being written into.

What am I doing wrong? Does clang-analyzer support this kind of
errors? Is Linux supported officially?

Best regards,
Ignat Semenov