[cfe-dev] Clang 3.1: Can't link Hello World-program program on Linux

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Tue Mar 13 23:52:34 PDT 2012

On 03/14/12 06:47 AM, Alexander Korsunsky wrote:
> Ok, here comes suggestion time:
>
> 1) Maybe I didn't go the optimal way, but to me it seemed pretty darn
> hard to get the compiler working.
> Although Clang and libc++ and libc++abi are different projects, it would
> be really nice if one didn't have to go through setting them up and
> compiling manually.
> Once libc++/libc++abi reach a good level of maturity they should be
> integrated into (or at least shipped with) Clang.
https://github.com/pathscale/path64-suite

That repo solves every request you had and with some tweaks could be
used for clang/libc++.  All the things you're trying to build are really
tightly intertwined - Trying to hodgepodge them together isn't the way
to go at all (As you and others have found out)  Our README is very
clear about what's been tested to work together.  The first step is
probably getting the repo that work together clearly documented.  After
that you'll likely need some parent or wrapper project which builds
things correctly.  If someone makes a patch for it to cleanly work with
clang or libc++ we'll apply it.

Best,

./C