[cfe-dev] assertion failure with plugin, none without

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 13 10:50:11 PDT 2012

Someone was trying out my example plugin <
https://github.com/chisophugis/clang_plugin_example> and kept running into
a weird assertion failure when running clang with the plugin, but when
running just clang the assertion was not triggered. The problem occurred in
`include/c++/4.2.1/limits:986`, but he was able to reduce it to the
following testcase:

limit_test.cpp <<EOF
#include "limit_test.hpp"

int main() {}
EOF

limit_test.hpp <<EOF
float min() { return __FLT_MIN__; }
EOF

Here is a paste of the stack dump http://pastie.org/3587034

It seems like the constant __FLT_MIN__ (i.e. `1.17549435e-38F`) is to
blame, somehow causing the `semantics` of the APFloat to get an impossible
value. He's using a recent trunk (r151926).

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions? I can't seem to repro
this on my computer.

--Sean Silva