[cfe-dev] Enabling "cl_khr_fp64" in order to visit OpenCL code with doubles

Jorge Fernández Fabeiro fabeirojorge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:28:50 PDT 2012

Hi!

I'm working in a project about source-to-source code transformations and
I've just programmed a tool using Clang libraries (it's a program I've
written in C++, it doesn't use Clang command-line tools at all) that visits
the code of some given "for" loops and apply some optimization
transformations (now, only loop unrolling).

Till today I've been testing the tool with OpenCL kernels that operate with
integers or floats, but now I'm trying to process a kernel that operates
with doubles, and, unfortunately the tool crashed. First, I tried to dump
the CompoundStmt that represents the body of a visited "for" loop, and I
discovered that it's empty when the visited code contains any reference to
double variables. After this shocking problem, I replaced the "double"
variables with "float" ones and all went smooth. Considering that
workaround, I also tried to emit the LLVM representation of my OpenCL
kernel with doubles, and clang gave me this error: "error: use of type
'double' requires cl_khr_fp64 extension to be enabled".

So, is there any method or flag in the classes of the libraries in order to
enable this extension?

Thanks so much in advance,

Jorge.