[cfe-dev] Clang 3.1: Can't link Hello World-program program on Linux

Alexander Korsunsky fat.lobyte9 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 05:45:24 PST 2012

On 2012-03-02 10:44, David Chisnall wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:30, Alexander Korsunsky wrote:
>
>> "-ldl -lcxxrt --stdlib=libc++" to every compile.
>
> You shouldn't need to do this, just link libc++ against libcxxrt (which should link against libdl on Linux).

How do I do this?

When I add "-lcxxrt" or "-l:libcxxrt.a" to the linker command line of
libc++, the linking of libc++ succeeds.
But then, when compiling helloworld, symbols are missing unless I
excplitly specify '-lcxxrt'.
Shouldn't linking libc++ against libcxxrt pull that in automatically?

By the way, libc++abi does not compile because of the issue described
here: http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2012-February/019906.html

Alexander