[cfe-dev] Question for users of the CMake build system:

Michael Spencer bigcheesegs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:06:50 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> wrote:
> Do you use the LLVM_INCLUDE_TESTS setting? If so, what for?
>

> It is documented to preclude the inclusion *unittests* in the build.
>
> What it actually does in preclude *all* LLVM testing (unit and regression),
> but only unittests for Clang. The Clang regression tests continue to be
> built and run.
>

> My preference is simply to remove it if none have an important use case. If
> they do, I would like to understand it and come up with some sane and
> consistent semantic model to support it.

I believe this was added because the unit tests used to clutter up the
IDE because there were so many. But now they are in folders so it
doesn't matter for VS, it may still matter for XCode. I vote to remove
it if no one is using it. If we actually do have a usecase for it it
definitely needs to be cleaned up.

- Michael Spencer