[cfe-dev] Basic source-to-source transformation with Clang

Satya Prakash Prasad satyaprakash.prasad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 03:06:16 PDT 2012

Thanks John for the clarification.

Can you please let me know how to then create clang instance for C++ input file?

Also I am trying to write a code that would detect regular statements"

    bool VisitStmt(Stmt *s) {
        if (isa<CompoundStmt>(s)) {
                CompoundStmt *S = cast<CompoundStmt>(s);
                for (CompoundStmt::body_iterator  I = S->body_begin(),
E = S->body_end(); I != E; ++I)
                {
                        Stmt *i =  cast<Stmt>(*I);
                        std::cout << i->getStmtClassName();
                }
        }
      }

For a sample C++ code like below:

int main()
{
        int i = 0;
        int y,z;
        printf("y = [%d] z = [%d]\n", y , z); //regular code
        return 0;
}

But it is not giving any output? So how do we detect what typeof
statement we are processing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prakash