[cfe-dev] Extending CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS

Bertjan Broeksema broeksema at kde.org
Wed Jun 20 12:59:00 PDT 2012

Hi List,

Crossposting from cmake.devel. I found out that a particular feature in
CMake was contributed by the clang community. I'm working on a small tool
which requires the same information + some additional. That is, in its
currents form it only stores the compile commands and not the link commands.
Is this something the clang community would be interested in too (for
tooling at the link level, if such is planned)?

The question would be if the link commands would be stored in the same file,
resulting in a "build database" in stead of a compile database or in a
separate file. Any input on this topic is welcome.

Cheers,

Bertjan