[cfe-dev] Making the static analyzer a PluginASTAction

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Tue Jun 19 15:43:12 PDT 2012

Hi, Dylan. We're (finally!) interested in getting your patch into Clang and extracting the static analyzer into its own plugin. There are still a few issues we'll need to work out (can we revise the LLVM plugin architecture to work on Windows?) but we finally now have the time and energy to deal with this. This is definitely something we want to do.

If you're still interested, please tell us so we can get everything working together. If not (and I know it's been months, so I wouldn't blame you if your interest has waned), we'd still like to take your previous work and adapt it as necessary to get it into trunk. (Is https://github.com/nobled/clang/tree/anal-plugin still the latest version?)

Thank you,
Jordan