[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Any Work Done/ Going on for OpenMP Support in Clang?

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Mon Jun 18 12:49:30 PDT 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:15:53 -0600
Arnamoy Bhattacharyya <arnamoy at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I saw a discussion went i the llvm mailing list about work on
> supporting OpenMP in Clang (llvm-gcc already supports that).(
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2012-January/046640.html)
>
> I just want to know, anybody has made any progress in it?  It would be
> really helpful for me.

It would be really helpful for me too ;) -- unfortunately, I probably
won't get to devote any serious time to it until August. Simone
Pellegrini has generously contributed his clang OpenMP parsing code
(https://github.com/motonacciu/clomp). Work needs to be done to rebase
and refactor that into something that can be included into clang. Also,
we need to define the LLVM threading 'API' that the clang OpenMP will
target, and then make a default implementation (probably targeting
libgomp). Would you like to help?

Thanks again,
Hal

--