[cfe-dev] CompilationDatabase support added to libclang and python binding

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Thu Jun 14 03:19:48 PDT 2012

On 12 Jun 2012, at 10:44, Arnaud de Grandmaison wrote:
> On 06/12/2012 10:13 AM, David Röthlisberger wrote:
>> what is the meaning of having multiple compilation commands for a single file?
>
> Multiple compilation commands can happen in some cases : for example
> varying some defines to enable different part of the file (think
> tablegen'erated files),

Do you have any insights as to what user-level tools (such as
clang_complete) can do in the presence of multiple such commands?
Perhaps process (gather completions from) *all* of the file's different
compilation commands?

> or different other compile options in case
> multiple builds are done at the same time (debug, release, ...).

I don't think the tools need to worry about this, as different builds
will be done in different build directories, each with its own
compilation database.

Thanks!
Dave.