[cfe-dev] Compiling a simple Win32 program

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Wed Jun 13 01:15:03 PDT 2012

I suggest that you don't hardwire the info into the tool but rather make an
external text file with a list of places to search or something.  Once I
get around to it, I was planning to look into eliminating the hardwired
paths from Clang because they are only marginally useful on Windows and are
very likely to cause all sorts of unexpected behavior - if, for instance,
the user has multiple version of Mingw installed (I have both Mingw32 and
Mingw64 installed).  Luckily, I decided to name my Mingw32 installation
that: C:\Mingw32.  Otherwise, Clang would have made use of Mingw32 features
even though it was built as a 64-bit compiler that should only make use of
Mingw64.  Perhaps a new option, "-basedir" or something, should be added so
the user can explicitly specify what directory to use as the base directory
for include file and library searches.

--
-- Love Thy Frog!