[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Windows strategy?

Cesar Mello cmello at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:36:55 PDT 2012

Hi Chandler,

> We need new contributors (like yourself) to prioritize Windows because of
> their interest and investment in the platform.

I am a Windows developer interested in contributing after watching your
nice talk at MS. If a couple of hours a day after my 2-year-old goes to bed
can result in useful work. :-)

Hacking is nice but I imagine a Windows roadmap would help, so newcomers
can pick tasks and work on them and measure progress. I still don't know
what I should start working on, and how I could fit the other Windows
contributors. Sorry if this is already documented, any pointers are greatly
appreciated.

I work full time with unrelated stuff and my main interest is in learning
from a big and beautiful C++ project like this. Of course having a complete
BSD C++ compiler stack fully supported on Windows would be great.

We are working to figure out the best way to support parsing the Windows
> headers, but this is a complex issue. Expect some patches to clear the way
> in the not-too-distant future.

I don't understand what headers you are talking about, because my first
test writing a small Win32 program worked nicely and I just #included
<windows.h> with no problems.

Thanks!

Best regards
Mello