[cfe-dev] [Proposal] libclang code generation

Gregory Szorc gregory.szorc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 08:46:33 PDT 2012

About 6 months ago, I proposed an interface for code generation in
libclang [1]. I was new to Clang at the time and my proposal was way
off the mark. The feature still interests me and I'd love to see it
incorporated in libclang.

Attached is a new proposal for performing code generation in libclang.
It just contains the declarations of the new C API entities. The
implementation is just a placeholder and doesn't do anything.

I'm still trying to fully grok how code generation works and am not
sure if this API is sufficient. I guess that's where the community can
help. What needs to change?

[1] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2011-December/019149.html

Gregory