[cfe-dev] GNU attributes in lambda expressions?

Sharlet, Dillon dillon.sharlet at intel.com
Tue Jun 5 17:06:19 PDT 2012

Hello All,

First of all, thank you all very much for implementing lambda expressions in Clang 3.1! This is a much anticipated feature and I greatly appreciate the work to implement this.

I have a small suggestion for lambdas expressions: How about supporting GNU attributes (__attribute__) in the attribute list of a lambda expression? I'm no clang ninja so I can't say if what I did is stable/solid, but I was able to add the support I needed for this pretty easily using the handy ParseGNUAttributes function. The lambda parser already parses some attributes, so maybe this is simply an accidental omission?

Thanks for your consideration!
Dillon