[cfe-dev] Uncaught exceptions

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Mon Jun 4 11:34:40 PDT 2012

On Jun 4, 2012, at 5:29 AM, Broes De Cat wrote:
> On 4 June 2012 11:49, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
> Hello
>
> > When using clang++ 3.1 to compile our project, none of the exceptions thrown
> > in execute gets caught (which are IdpExceptions), instead the executable is
> > terminated each time with an uncaught exception.
> It's hard to tell until you at least specify the platform you're checking.
>  The platform Linux.

Please be more specific.  What distribution, what version of it, and (most importantly) what architecture?

> Some more testing showed the issue is more specific:
> Given the stack
> c++ code
> c code
> c++ code
>
> An expection thrown by the highest block c++ code is not code by the lowest c++ block but instead goes straight into terminating the program.
> (the c code is the lua library)

Is clang compiling the C code?  The most obvious option is that we're not compiling that code with the tables necessary to unwind through it.  Does it work if you add -fexceptions or -munwind-tables to your CFLAGS?

John.