[cfe-dev] c++-analyzer slow down ?

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:41:47 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Anna Zaks <ganna at apple.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> When did you start seeing this?
>
> We've recently added experimental inter-procedural analyzes for C++, which would definitely explain the slowdown.

Well I started a run of 'make all; make install; scan-build make' this
morning, and when I came home this evening it was still running. I
(thoughtlessly) terminated the process immediately, thinking something
was wrong with my system. The installed clang version says it's 'clang
version 3.2 (trunk 161033)'. The last run I did that didnt seem have
this problem (at least not this excessive) was with 'clang version 3.2
(trunk 160917) '

Does that make sense ?

Regards,

john Smith.