[cfe-dev] clang - how to use alternate versions of gcc headers

Melanie B mib.bugzilla at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:39:12 PDT 2012

I'm using clang native on intel-64bit system, Linux host
On this host there are different gcc installations e.g. gcc 4.5.0, gcc
4.6.2, gcc 4.7.0, as well as the system supplied default which is 4.4.6
When I build clang with default path, the system header files come from the
system supplied gcc, Makes sense.
However, when I build clang in a shell where the path is gcc 4.7.0, I
expected that the system headers would then come from the gcc 4.7 include
directory,
But that is not the case, those files are still coming from the system
supplied gcc. I checked the configure.log and indeed it is finding gcc 4.7.0
Any tips about how to point clang at different headers, either at compiler
build time or (preferably) later? Or is this not possible? Thanks