[cfe-dev] Obtaining the parent of a given libclang CXCursor

Nick Beer nick.beer at ni.com
Mon Jul 30 11:41:39 PDT 2012

Hello all -

When using the clang_getCursor function, the caller is returned the most
specific cursor at the location given.  Is there a process by which I can
get progressively less specific cursors?  For instance, if given a
position inside a function, I'd like to be able to get the cursor from
that position, and then look at that cursor's parents until I find the
function declaration.

Currently, I always start at the top and work down, but under some
circumstances, it would be very convenient to be able to work up instead.

Thanks for any ideas

- Nick