[cfe-dev] GDB test suite & debug info validation

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:59:51 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

[mostly directed at Eric & Nick who I've talked to a bit about this
before & seem to be the ones most involved in this aspect of LLVM &
Clang (I've only included cfe-dev at the moment, if anyone feels
this'd be more appropriate spread over llvm-dev too, or instead, or
just taken off-list with relevant parties, let me know)]

I'm interested in getting some kind of continuous debug info
validation going as well as something locally-runnable for push-button
execution when iterating locally.

Eric - you mentioned you guys had some amount of gdb test suite
execution going on? Could you point me to any upstream/public
artifacts of that implementation. I got the impression this was a
buildbot sort of situation & not a convenient locally
runnable/iterative setup? Also getting some more recent (>4.2) suites
running somewhere was mentioned - I figure once I can repro your
current setup I can see about substituting in other suites.

Nick - any particular gripes/requests/pointers about where I should be
looking in this space?

Thanks,
- David