[cfe-dev] c++-analyzer on llvm-clang svn r160917

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Jul 30 09:08:10 PDT 2012

To anyone outside the analyzer group who's watching this: the giant jump in bugs reported comes from turning on inlining of C++ methods. The problem is that called methods are using more defensive programming than the callers actually need, and so our heuristics about whether to warn about something (say, a possible null pointer dereference) get very confused.

We definitely need to rework our heuristics here!
Jordan