[cfe-dev] Help with working around an ICE in Apple clang

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Sat Jul 28 14:23:43 PDT 2012

On 28 Jul 2012, at 12:34, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> 28.07.2012, 19:42, "Luc Bourhis" <luc_j_bourhis at mac.com>:
>> On 28 Jul 2012, at 11:37, Luc Bourhis wrote:
>>
>>> the only solution I could find by myself (see below).
>>
>> which is replacing -O3 by -O2
>
> Hmm, probably it's the best workaround for this issue.

The problem is that the actual code is a member function of a class template another member function of which contains a hotspot, i.e. -O3 is important here. And because of the use of template, I can't easily compile one bit with -O2 and another one with -O3.
Basically, my hope was that I could tweak the code so as to spoil the optimisation that crashes. But for that I would need to understand the optimisation...

Luc Bourhis