[cfe-dev] New warning for mismatched include case

Jason Haslam jason.haslam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 20:48:51 PDT 2012

On Jul 24, 2012, at 4:43 PM, Michael Spencer wrote:

> Also make sure you are testing the -fsyntax-only speed. This matters
> quite a bit for IDE integration.

This is how I've tested individual test cases but not larger scale real world samples. I'll try to make a worst-case test case that isolates the performance issues related to this warning.

> I attempted to implement this feature a while ago but ran into the
> problem of finding a sane way to get the original case including
> parent directories. Most of the time you have to recursively iterate
> directories, which you almost do.  On Windows you can actually do
> GetLongName(GetShortName(path)). This is a lot faster and will work
> most of the time, but it doesn't work everywhere.

My current patch doesn't actually warn for incorrect case of directory names, just the file name. This would probably have to be added before the patch could be accepted.

> For my case I actually needed it specifically on Linux as I keep my
> source code on Windows and compile on both platforms. NTFS mounted on
> Linux is still case insensitive. I've actually broken the build a few
> times because of this :(.

Okay, this is interesting to know. It wouldn't just benefit Mac and Windows users.

Jason