[cfe-dev] Questions about libc++ for linux and its git repository (if any)

salvatore benedetto salvatore.benedetto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 23:30:05 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Jean-Daniel Dupas
<devlists at shadowlab.org> wrote:

> Le 18 juil. 2012 à 22:01, salvatore benedetto <salvatore.benedetto at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just started using llvm and clang so forgive me for this
>> very simple question.
>>
>> I'm looking for a git repository for the libcxx (the libcxx.llvm.org
>> website only list svn) and also looking for some info about the
>> current Linux support.
>

> I don't know what other projects (apart llvm and clang) are available here, but libcxx can be found at  http://llvm.org/git/libcxx.git and compiler-rt at http://llvm.org/git/compiler-rt.git

Perfect thanks! May I suggest to have that listed in the project page?

Anyway what about the Linux support? Where do I start from?

I wanted to start using it for a project of mine (clang++ & libcxx) in
C++11, and even though
I'm not a C++ guru, some part of the STL should still be usable right?
As long as I pass my own
allocator to a container for instance, I should have not problem using
it (exception and memory allocation
excluded).

How do I tell clang++ where to look for libcxx (excluded the obvious
-I option)? Any readings you can point me
too?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Salvatore