[cfe-dev] Decl::dumpXML and -DNDEBUG

Alexander Kornienko alexfh at google.com
Tue Jul 17 09:52:52 PDT 2012

Douglas,

What do you think about moving AST dumping from clang -cc1 to a separate
tool (but leaving implementation inside clang libraries, so it can be used
for debugging the compiler code)? As this functionality is still
interesting to many developers (and I'd say that this interest increases),
more features can be implemented inside the tool, which would never be
implemented inside a compiler. This way we could remove dependencies on
assertions and keep the compiler free from functions useful only while
debugging AST-related code.

--
Alexander Kornienko | Software Engineer | alexfh at google.com | +49 151 221
77 957