[cfe-dev] C++11 attributes parsing

Alexander Kornienko alexfh at google.com
Mon Jul 9 04:43:57 PDT 2012

To summarize, at the moment we have several major requirements for c++11
attribute parsing:
1. all boring attribute subject checks should be automated (using either
TableGen or a static code if this is possible);
2. automated argument parsing (Sean Hunt planned to do this);
3. custom attributes can be added by plugins (Joshua Cranmer has a patch);
4. late parsing for attribute arguments? (currently no evidence that this
will be necessary, this would be definitely required, if we decide to add
c++11 syntax for gcc-style attributes);
5. automated pretty-printing.

Did I forget anything?

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Michael Han <Michael.Han at autodesk.com>
> wrote:
> > Or instead of one handle*Attr there could be a new
> handle*AttrGenericChecks
> > that is generated by tablegen (along with the big switch statement in
> > ProcessInheritableDeclAttr) and the handle*Attr would only contain hand
> > written attribute specific semantic checks?
>
> Yes, that's what I meant.
>
> Dmitri
>
> --
> main(i,j){for(i=2;;i++){for(j=2;j<i;j++){if(!(i%j)){j=0;break;}}if
> (j){printf("%d\n",i);}}} /*Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com>*/

Alexander Kornienko | Software Engineer | alexfh at google.com | +49 151 221
77 957
Google Germany GmbH | Dienerstr. 12 | 80331 München