[cfe-dev] is configure+make dead yet?

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 09:07:25 PDT 2012

On 07/04/2012 06:16 PM, Seth Cantrell wrote:

> Also, how does one 'install' clang with CMake? I see an install target
> in the CMake generated Xcode project, but Xcode doesn't have privileges
> necessary to run it. With make, after building you just do sudo make
> install.

CMake has DESTDIR support.  You can install into a temporary tree where
the user has write privileges and copy it to the final tree as root,
adjusting permissions.  I haven't tried this with LLVM yet, though.

("sudo make install" tends to leave root-owned files behind, so the
DESTDIR approach is always preferable.)