[cfe-dev] Can I establish a relation between a SCoP in LLVM-IR and the corresponding line number in C-code?

Sven Verdoolaege skimo-cfe at kotnet.org
Tue Jan 17 07:02:40 PST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 03:19:03PM +0100, Pieter Custers wrote:
> 1) pet would be okay to use, but then I loose the ability to transform loops in a canonical form (now I use a LLVM pass for that). Right?

No.  pet tries very hard not to canonicalize loops in order
to maintain a direct relationship between the original loop
variables and the elements of the iteration domains, but sometimes
it is forced to do so anyway.  If you really need your loops to
be in some canonical form, then it shouldn't be too hard
to add an option to pet to always canonicalize.

Now, there may be other reasons why you may prefer
working on IR over working at the source level, but loop
normalization should not be one of them.

skimo