[cfe-dev] Rename -ccc-host-triple into -ccc-target-triple

James Molloy James.Molloy at arm.com
Thu Jan 5 00:01:27 PST 2012

Hi,

If you keep the "-ccc-" prefix, you're still polishing a turd from my perspective. Setting the target architecture shouldn't be a driver-internal-special option.

We discussed this in the BoF at the conference, and decided on "-target", but "-triple" being an alias for that makes a lot of sense and I like it. I'm still working on the driver redesign - I haven't had a lot of resource to put into it yet but I'm ramping up as of the new year. Patches soon to follow.

Changes like this are simple defaults/naming changes and shouldn't conflict at all with the refactoring I'm doing, so don't worry about treading on my toes :-)

Cheers,

James