[cfe-dev] link error in building clang

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 28 09:26:18 PST 2012

My interpretation of that is that he supposes that linking just the parser
would take less memory, since that's all he intends to use. Unfortunately,
that's not really possible AFAIK.

My recommendation is to try building just a `Release` build. You can do
that with
./configure --enable-optimized --disable-assertions
That should produce object files that are *much* smaller. If that works,
try a `Release+Asserts` build. You may also want to just install a binary
package: `sudo apt-get install clang` and such, although those packages
might be a bit outdated.

--Sean Silva