[cfe-dev] Preprocessor/Parser interaction

Aditya Kumar hiraditya at msn.com
Fri Feb 17 10:38:50 PST 2012

For my project(related to source code analysis of C++ program) I  need to traverse the clang AST to figure out all the placeswhere the preprocessor macros are called in the program.I am fairly new to clang to be honest.
1. What i want to know is whether the preprocessor gets called before the parser or it gets called from the parser as each token is seen by it.2. How can I obtain the AST of a C++ program which has been generated without any preprocessing.Even if there is some syntax-error in doing so, it is okay.
Thanks.