[cfe-dev] Getting started

Phil King phil_king at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 15 16:50:05 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----

From: Edward Meewis <ed at extraordinarymachine.nl>
To: cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu
Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2012, 0:30
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] Getting started

On 15-02-12 23:41, Phil King wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to clang and am looking for some pointers on getting started.
>
> I want to be able to build a project against clang with the aim of adding code checking functionality for research purposes. Are there any examples / tutorials that show how to do this (e.g. getting and walking the AST representation of an expression )?
>
> Thanks
>
> Phil

Hello Phil,

This maybe the blind leading the blind, but have you seen Douglas' talk
about libclang (http://llvm.org/devmtg/2011-11/index.html) and extending
clang the year before (http://llvm.org/devmtg/2010-11/)?

There's an example extracting function names in the example directory.
I'd also study c-index-test source, which does AST walking.

Hope that get you started, Ed.

Thanks Ed, I finished listening to his talk a few minutes before your message arrived !

Just trying to get a skeletal program to build at the moment... It looks like it's the way in I was after ;-)

Phil