[cfe-dev] Using more than one version of clang

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Mon Dec 31 16:05:26 PST 2012

I find that in a Linux distro I want to use both a past version of
clang, offered as a package, and the latest version I build from the
llvm/clang source files. I want to use either version at different times
for the purpose of testing some code.

Is this possible ?

What are the things I must do to use both versions at different times ?
In particular how does a version of clang find its own header files and
libaries when I invoke "clang", and what do I have to do make sure that
a particular version of "clang" I invoke correctly finds its own header
files and libraries for the purposes of compiling and linking ?