[cfe-dev] Developing Clang with XCode

Dean Sutherland dsutherland at cert.org
Thu Dec 27 07:30:22 PST 2012

What is the specific symlink that's needed?

Inquiring minds (and novice clang developers!) WANT to know…

Dean Sutherland
Sr. Software Vulnerability Analyst
CERT

On Dec 25, 2012, at 5:20 PM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com<mailto:dgregor at apple.com>> wrote:

On Dec 24, 2012, at 4:12 AM, Alexey Samsonov <samsonov at google.com<mailto:samsonov at google.com>> wrote:

Hi cfe-dev,

Does anybody do the subj?

I do.

Richard (in cc) and I observed that when LLVM checkout is configured with CMake and XCode generators and then built, clang binary
appears in bin/Debug/clang while resources are located under lib/clang/3.3/... as usual. This means that logic that finds out resource directory in Clang driver (http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/Driver_8cpp_source.html#l00068) doesn't work.

I've just been adding the symlink manually into my build tree. We should, at the very least, teach the CMake build to create that symlink.

--
Alexey Samsonov, MSK