[cfe-dev] prettyprint statement

Mohammad Adil madil90 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 14:40:09 PST 2012

Hi,
   I believe that the problem comes when the stmtprinter handles
expressions. All statements which are not expressions are printed fine
while statements which are also expressions (a = 1;) do not have a
semicolon(;) at the end. Please tell me the procedure to submit a patch
fix? I will be very happy to contribute.

Regards,
Adil

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 25, 2012, at 1:57 PM, madil90 <madil90 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   When using prettyPrint (or Rewriter::ConverToString()) to print a
> > statement, clang prints some statements with ";" and some without it. The
> > statement "int a,b;" is printed as it is while the statement "a--;" is
> > printed as "a--" omitting the ";" at the end. How can I tell which
> > statements retain ";" and which statements omit it. Is there any special
> > reason for not including ";" in some statements?
>
> I consider this a bug. All statements that need a semicolon should print
> one. Can I interest you in submitting a patch to fix this?
>
>   - Doug
>
> > Regards,
> > Adil
> >

> > --