[cfe-dev] Using Clang AST classes to generate LLVM IR for a compiler front-end

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 15:53:04 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> diagnostics
>> infrastructure (after decoupling from preprocessor since you don't
>> have one)
>
> I was told by Eli Friedman that these two were inseparable.

Not to put words into Eli's mouth, but I think that what he meant is
that one can not use current diagnostic infrastructure as-is without a
preprocessor.  But if one copies the code and deletes irrelevant
parts, it can be made useful (or it might be easier for a newcomer to
rewrite the whole thing from scratch, because it becomes very simple
-- who knows).

Dmitri